Renaming script and counting in

CalBoy

Hi guys.

I just need a hand with a quick renaming script.

The script that I am looking at creating is one that renaming any type of file.

As an example we will use tv shows.

What happens is that the user inputs a series name and then the script finds all of the names of the files in a directory (wheather this be all at once or one at a time it doesn't matter) once this is done the script counts in five characters to dodge the characters at the front writes the series name that the user input earlier and then the final parts of the filename. Is this possible? I thought about writing the filename to a array but then lost my way :/. Any help with this would be great! If I didn't explain myself well enough then please let me know and I will try and reexplain!

Thanks in advance,

CalBoy

You search files with FileFindFirstFile and FileFindNextFile. You rename files with FileMove (because there is no FileRename) and you can do string operations with things like; StringInStr, StringTrimLeft, StringLeft, StringTrimRight, etc.

See your free copy of the AutoIt™ help file™ for more information. And please do post again if you have any specific questions about the code that you have written, preferably with an example of what the problem is.