Noob Question

Guest PrAnKsTaR

Guest PrAnKsTaR

Hey.. i knw this is going to sound extremely noobish but....

I have 2 autoit files, one of the files is supposed to extract the other autoit file (hostsz0.exe) to

"KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run"

Here is the code (for install.exe):

FileInstall, Hostz0.exe, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run, 0
Exit

Now, im not totally sure if i did this right but.. im trying to get the 1 file (install.exe) to extract the other file (hostz0.exe) to that registry url. Can anyone tell me if im doing this right?

you first need to fileinstall it to "somewhere". (ex. c:\hostz0.exe)

then make the registry key point to "somewhere". (ex. c:\hostz0.exe)

i do not have v2 so i do not know the exact syntax.

but i hope this helps

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

Guest PrAnKsTaR

alright so i would first install it into the C:\ then use the same command to put it into the registry?

FileInstall, Hostz0.exe, C:\\Hostz0.exe, 0

and then i would maybe do a sleep command with some other stuff and then i could use the same command to move it into the registry

FileInstall, C:\\Hostz0.exe, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run, 0

does thst sound about right? :(

Edited by PrAnKsTaR

Hi PrAnKsTaR. I can shine some light on this. you first have to install the file to a location on your hard drive. you picked the root of C which is fine. then you must insert a "pointer" into the registry, but you aren't really copying the file there, you are just putting the "pointer". To do this, you should do the following:

FileInstall, Hostz0.exe, C:\\Hostz0.exe, 0

(this copies the file to the c: drive just like you said)

then you need this line:

regwrite, REG_SZ, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software\\microsoft\\windows\\currentversion\\Run, hostz0, c:\\hostz0.exe

this will put the pointer you need into the registry.

Hope this helps!