Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
okbishop

Hoe to populate an IE pop up box for login

4 posts in this topic

How to I automate the population of a log in pop up box for IE.

I can get the webpage started but don't really see how to get the user info and password passed to it.

Is there some specific doc's that talk about this.

Thanks

Look it over with the AutoIt Window Info Tool (AU3Info.exe). It might be either a standard windows popup, which will just require ContolSetText(), ControlSend(), etc. Or it might be a IE dialog with html elements on it, which requires getting a reference to its DOM using _IEAttach() with the "DialogBox" option, and then treat it as another web page.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Ok I still don't get it.

Is there some good examples for populating a IE pop-up box some where that I can look at.

Thanks

Baby steps... did you try looking at the popup with AU3Info to what type of dialog it is?

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law