Can we post trainers?

harmor

As long as it does not confict with the definitions of this post My linkhttp://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showannouncement=12&f=2, there should'nt be a problem.

Although your theory of trying to say a Game Trainer, is different than a Game Bot, is not a very good one. As far as I, and most people here see it, they share the same definition.

As you will see in the post, it asks not to discuss the 'Automation of Games' so if your automating a game in any way, it would conflict with that post.

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

• 1 year later...

Hello I am a new member, but a very long time user. I never really had a need to post as I always have solved my problems by searching the posts, or seeing code that leads me in another direction.

I have made many AutoIt programs including software that plays Shoutcast radio stations (like a limited WinAmp), tons of PC related automation (scripts for various actions in Adobe Photoshop, tasks to edit my images (I am a freelance Illustrator and Graphic designer by trade), editing text file databases, to many uses), and I even created a few games before I gave up due to flickering and purchased Game Maker.

I know this is a so called "dead" topic thread; however, there is no need to make a new one as I have the same unanswered question. Can game trainers be discussed on this forum?

I have read countless posts on this forum and any talk seems to regard a game cheat (aka trainer) as so called "automating games" - which is different in all aspects (definition, scripting, purpose, etc). In regards to that here is the forum rules thread http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/forum-2/announcement-13-forum-rules/

No where does it talk about game cheats or trainers, only at best a vague rule about "automating games" which a game trainer does not do. Here is a definition of automation from Merriam-Webster -

1: the technique of making an apparatus, a process, or a system operate automatically

2: the state of being operated automatically

3: automatically controlled operation of an apparatus, process, or system by mechanical or electronic devices that take the place of human labor

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/automation

A game trainer changes data at a memory location to allow changes such as game money, lives, and such; however, it does not automate the game play in anyway (no moving the player, shooting, pressing buttons, etc). Read more here -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_in...games#Modification_of_run_time

I understand completely and agree about no gaming bots, online trainers, or multi-player trainers. That aside, the information in a trainer does not apply to "automating games" or in most cases online/multi-player games as often argued. That argument is nothing but a complete fallacy. Any code can be used in another purpose, no matter the original intent of the post author.

I thought the question deserves a real answer

Such a answer does not exist here at AutoIt or elsewhere online. I have read here and elsewhere about where asking a question can get someone, so I haven't bothered to update my profile or contribute my scripts until I see a intelligent response. I hope to be a contributing AutoIt forum user in the near future.

According to the forum rules game discussion is not allowed period. Be that discussion for bots, trainers or any other purpose. The rules were necessitated by the results of a forum we had that was dedicated to games. That is one rule that is unbendable and it may surprise you to know that it was written by someone who is a heavily involved game player.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

The rules were necessitated by the results of a forum we had that was dedicated to games. That is one rule that is unbendable and it may surprise you to know that it was written by someone who is a heavily involved game player.

Well thank you for a answer. I assume the forum dedicated to games was over run by people asking for people to write code for them, automated bots, and illegal activities Such sites are the only ones I have found myself online where this can be discussed, albeit ones best to avoid.

According to the forum rules game discussion is not allowed period. Be that discussion for bots, trainers or any other purpose.

Do you have another link besides the main one at the top of the forum areas at http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/forum-2/announcement-13-forum-rules/ ?? That is the one I read before making this post (and tons of general posts here on the forum) and it only discusses "automating games" and nothing else, especially nothing about game discussions.

If that is the case you are trying to tell me as a game developer I am restricted from showing the AutoIt scripts/programs that are used to make my games? I am not trying to be sarcastic even though it reads that way, I am simply trying to see what I can discuss as a indie game developer and programming hobbyist.

Basically the way I look at it,

discussing and posting coe for making your own game in autoit is fine

discussing or posting code for doing anything to an official licensed game is not fine

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

Generally speaking, most game engineers use a blanket TOS that covers reverse engineering and/or modifying the game. Trainers are still automatons that help the user cheat. How is this cheating accomplished? Modifying the game's memory space.

The 'NO GAMES PEROID' rule is quite draconian, and rightfully enforced in an equally ruthless manner. It's kept the script-kiddies and pointless beggards to a minimum.

Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

Why do people struggle with the rules? Zero tolerance means zero-tolerance. That's not ambiguous in any way shape or form. It doesn't matter what any dictionary says, that single aspect of the rule covers everything.

Basically the way I look at it,

discussing and posting code for making your own game in autoit is fine

discussing or posting code for doing anything to an official licensed game is not fine

Until Valik will post answer here (if any)

I can confirm that this is exactly how this forum works.

EDIT: too late

Edited by Zedna

Why do people struggle with the rules? Zero tolerance means zero-tolerance. That's not ambiguous in any way shape or form. It doesn't matter what any dictionary says, that single aspect of the rule covers everything.

They struggle with it for they want to find a way to negotiate past the "no". In their mind they think the rule should be either changed, removed, or using logic from their own mind imply the rule should not apply to them.

It is the same mindset for the sex crazed teen guy who tries to get with every girl they come into contact with. The girl says no but in their mind they see this as simply an annoyance to get past so they can get laid. The goal is always the same - Get what they want no matter what the rule says.

Edited by MPH