AutoItAugra 1.0 Beta Plugin

WaitingForZion

This is a plugin I wrote that makes it very very easy to do interprocess communication. Please test it out and report any bugs. Examples and documentation are given in the zip.

Please rate and comment.

AutoItAugra.zip

Edited by WaitingForZion
Spoiler

"This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." (I John 1:5-10)

Something went wrong when testing it after I uploaded it. I had to fix it. Here's the updated zip.

AutoItAugra.zip

Spoiler

"This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." (I John 1:5-10)

Hi and thank you for sharing your efforts,

Tried to run your examples, but I'm missing required ms libraries (msvcp100.dll).

Just thought I'd post so others who have similar probs will know to dl 4.8MB

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package

Sorry I can't give you feedback on your plugin as I'm not able to dl the redistributable atm.

When I can I'll leave some feedback.

Cheers

Edited by smashly

This is a plugin I wrote that makes it very very easy to do interprocess communication. Please test it out and report any bugs. Examples and documentation are given in the zip.

Please rate and comment.

G'day

Could you give a little background of what is in the DLL (IE how is the communications handled). It will give us a better understanding so we can decide if it is the right solution for us.

Other information that I'd like to see is :

- What is the limit on the package sizes? (How many characters?)

- It handles strings.... What is binary data is sent through it? Can it be modified to do that?

- are you going to release the source for the DLL file?

The solution looks great and the testing I've done works very well! I'd just like a bit more informaiton before I start using it.

Thanks

John Morrison

AKA

Storm-E

G'day

Could you give a little background of what is in the DLL (IE how is the communications handled). It will give us a better understanding so we can decide if it is the right solution for us.

Other information that I'd like to see is :

- What is the limit on the package sizes? (How many characters?)

- It handles strings.... What is binary data is sent through it? Can it be modified to do that?

- are you going to release the source for the DLL file?

The solution looks great and the testing I've done works very well! I'd just like a bit more informaiton before I start using it.

Thanks

John Morrison

AKA

Storm-E

The communications are handled through windows messages. Different windows are used for different purposes to achieve the communication, but all of them are invisible and for messaging purposes only. One window is created when you use AugraStartup() from within a newly created thread which handles all the messages in all the windows used by Augra. Messages are then sent to this window from the main thread when you create a new AppSenator object so that that thread can create a new window. A single window is used for each AppSenator and each end of an AppPhone, but the windows for both those things at the core of the code are for the same purpose. The data is always sent using a WM_COPYDATA message. So whatever the limits of that method of transfer is, and the limits of how much memory can be allocated on the heap, those are the limits to the packet size.

The data is stored in C++ strings from the standard template library.

Also, for this plug-in I did not really distinguish between binary data and strings. They seem do to the same thing as long as you are using the ASCII character set. You might think I dumb for this but, I figured you can get by without it. I'd show the source but I'd be embarrassed by it. Anyway, my code which it wraps is not inaccessible.

Spoiler

Well, it works perfectly as a C++ library, but there seems to be some problems adapting it to AutoIt. Even though it's likely a trivial bug, I'm pretty worn out right now. Sorry guys. Just in case anyone runs into problems with this plugin.

Spoiler

• 1 year later...