help on RunOnce at restart of computer

• Developers

sorry for breaking the rules Jos, i didnt mean to disrupt the forum or cause some chaos, I was trying to rephrase since I had no answers. yesterday many people asked me to post my real code and today I did so. Now u ask me to post the real code. I dont know what u mean by real code since the code i have posted is my code that i learnt from the help file. Theother other code that I have not posted is my actual installation code but then how important is my installation code since all it has is nothing but a series of winwaitactive, etc and then completes the execution by using the Regwrite statement and then restarts the pc and then invokes the main calling script (which I have posted) and then installation of other applications in other folders continue... If you want me to post my entire code then you might need to know that I have more than 20 application installation scripts and the code I have posted actually calls the installation folder with folders that contain applications and parses all the folders and completes the installation. so what exactly do u mean by posting the real code.

Just post the real code snippet that causes the "folder not found" issue so we can exactly see what you are doing and maybe give pointers.

By the way: you are not really breaking any rules, but when working with people its much easier to keep it in a single thread when the subject is the same.

I remember posting in your first thread and example on how to do the install with reboots and you never followed up that one either.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Just post the real code snippet that causes the "folder not found" issue so we can exactly see what you are doing and maybe give pointers.

isnt this the code that i have repeatedly posted. How can i make it more clearer than this. the code below also shows exactly where I have put the error "folder not found". Besides the code below, my installation scripts and the regWrite I dont have any other code.

$search = FileFindFirstFile("folder with Installations\*")
If $search = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "folder not found!")
    Exit
EndIf

While 1
    $dir = FileFindNextFile($search) 
    If @error Then ExitLoop

runwait("folder with Installations\" & $dir & "\autosetup.au3","folder with installations\" & $dir)

WEnd
Edited by goodbyeplanet

• Developers

isnt this the code that i have repeatedly posted. How can i make it more clearer than this. the code below also shows exactly where I have put the error "folder not found". Besides my installation scripts and the regWrite I dont have any other code.

$search = FileFindFirstFile("folder with Installations\*")
If $search = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "folder not found!")
    Exit
EndIf

While 1
    $dir = FileFindNextFile($search) 
    If @error Then ExitLoop

runwait("folder with Installations\" & $dir & "\autosetup.au3","folder with installations\" & $dir)

WEnd

Doubt the directorienames are the real names and I am still missing the FileChangeDir() as suggested or do you think it will work with the Workdir pointing to another directory?

So give us the real paths and the exact path the script is stored.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Somehow this gives me the feeling you do not want to disclose more which in turn makes me wonder why.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.