VBScript to AutoIt Converter

Its written to convert VBScript, not VB

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

anyway to convert AU3 (Autoit) Script to VBS (VBScript)? is it possible?

There are no current tools to do au3>>vbs

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hi there,

found ur script a very useful one, i had not attempted using it so long, coz i like converting those vbscripts myself which maked me learn autoit better. but due to time constraint and patience lag, i used it to convert a vb script

to start with, i used it on v 3.3

• runerrorsfatal returned an error, removing statement from two files lets me proceed

and these were left out donno if they are genuine bugs, but yet....

i dono if this is a bug but just felt i should report here:

• VBS: End With ; Au3: Endwith - Should be: Endwith
  • VBS: IPAddress ; AU3 IPAddres$s ; Should be : IPAddress
  • VBS: Msgbox("Some Text") ; AU# : Msgbox("Some Text") ; should be : Msgbox (4096,"Title","Some text")

Thanks a lot , there. for listening i havent read through this thread completely yet, and it is possible u might have said MSgbox function isnt included, but yet, i am just posting here in case u consider

anyways, great work buddy.

<update> tried the nov 2008 edited version,

run errors fatal doesnt appear

others remain the same....

Edited by rajeshontheweb

Opt(RunErrorsFatal) is no longer supported in AutoIt

George

The author hasn't been seen around here for a couple of years and a few of us have done our own partial rewrites to it but it's pretty much a dead thread at this point. I was writing a full replacement for this but I put it aside until the next time I get bored, or maybe the time after that.

George

• 1 month later...

The option RunErrorsFatal has been removed in V3. That's why it gives error when running the script.

E:\vaconvert.au3(16,36) : ERROR: AutoItSetOption() called with illegal argument 1: "RunErrorsFatal"

AutoItSetOption("RunErrorsFatal", 0)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

E:\Vb2AU converter\bk-string.au3(18,36) : ERROR: AutoItSetOption() called with illegal argument 1: "RunErrorsFatal"

AutoItSetOption("RunErrorsFatal", 0)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

E:\vaconvert.au3 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Can anybody provide the script which run perfectly.

thanks,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

if anyone is after a slightly updated version of this script, that works with the current AutoIt version. look below:

please let me know if there are any bugs (i am sure there will be) its not perfect, but it works.

Does the gui posted in the earler posts work with this version?

An error :

It's always has "$" before any " ' " characters (used for comments in script).

Edited by logmein

• 1 month later...

hi there,

is there an autoit script to VBS tool?Thank you!

And AutoIt scripters would rush to create one because?

Kind of a foolish question to ask around here but the answer is "A partial one that has not and will not be posted".

George

• 11 months later...