@OSLanguage Function

Syed23

Hi Friends,

I need to understand how the "@OSLang" function behaves. Does it reads the Locale value from the current user or by based on which value the function decides that what language it is. Please help me some one to understand that.Posted Image

Edited by Syed23

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]

@OSLang returns the system locale.

The system locale (sometimes referred to as the system default locale), determines which ANSI, OEM and MAC codepages and associated bitmap font files are used as defaults for the system. These codepages and fonts enable non-Unicode applications to run as they would on a system localized to the language of the system locale.

These codepages and fonts are used by non-Unicode applications to emulate operation on a system localized to the language selected as the system locale. Note that only non-Unicode applications are affected by this setting.

The system locale is implemented in Windows 95/98, Windows NT 4.x, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. (Under Windows 95/98, the system locale is fixed based on the language version and cannot be changed. Under Windows NT 4.x, the system locale is pre-selected by the language version, but can later be modified in the Regional Settings Control Panel.)

Source: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb688174.aspx under "What is the system locale?"

I'm not sure if this has changed since, but the code that AutoIt uses to do this is:

if ( g_oVersion.IsWinNT() == true )
            {
                if ( g_oVersion.IsWin2000orLater() == true )
                    Util_RegReadString(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,"SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Nls\\Language", "InstallLanguage", _MAX_PATH, szValue);
                else

@OSLang returns the system locale.

Source: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb688174.aspx under "What is the system locale?"

I'm not sure if this has changed since, but the code that AutoIt uses to do this is:

if ( g_oVersion.IsWinNT() == true )
            {
                if ( g_oVersion.IsWin2000orLater() == true )
                    Util_RegReadString(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,"SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Nls\\Language", "InstallLanguage", _MAX_PATH, szValue);
                else

Thanks a lot... Hope i understood this is how it works... i will get back to you on Monday did i get the exact answer or not... :graduated:

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]