Detect if a button is there

ahaykal

Hello members,

I was just wondering if I can script a while loop to exit when a specific button is no longer found on the interface!

Here is what I am doing exactly:

Now i have a backup in progress i want it to send the time of when it finished so now there is a cancel button

i want it to detect that when this cancel button is no longer there.

I have attached the windows info tool information which I get when I hover over the button! Could you please aid me? Thanks

post-58951-12886161247602_thumb.png

See the visible and hidden text tabs of the info tool and see if anything changes between the button being there or not being there. Maybe that could be used as the condition for an exitloop statement.

Edited by somdcomputerguy

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

See the visible and hidden text tabs of the info tool and see if anything changes between the button being there or not being there. Maybe that could be used as the condition for an exitloop statement.

here is exactly what I mean :

The progress is in image 001 when it happens image002 will appear. When image002 appears I want it to do something(send me an email). could u guide me on the right track please!

post-58951-12886190249905_thumb.png

post-58951-12886190331389_thumb.png