Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
louwho

How to code for the possibility of an additional install dialog appearing

2 posts in this topic

I have an old uninstall script (This is not an InstallShield script that I could probably code for, I think that the install was made in an older version of visual studio...see below). This script works fine when the install and uninstall are run individually outside of a larger install script that installs many things. When run from within that larger script, a message box come up about shared files, that needs a response to before the script can complete. We would like a fully automated script with no user response. How can I modify the script below to determine if the shared file message box appears or not (how to code for something that may or may not happen)?

Run("MsiExec.exe /X{3905429B-CBD8-40CA-9DAF-87493C105E4}")

WinWaitActive("[TITLE:Windows Installer]", "")

Send("!y")

Sleep(10000)

While ProcessExists ("IDriver.exe") > 0

Sleep(10)

WEnd

Assuming it would popup during your While/WEnd loop (while "IDriver.exe" is running), all you need is to add a check with:

While ProcessExists("IDriver.exe") > 0
    If WinExists("Your Popup Title", "Some Popup Text") Then
        ; Handle it
    EndIf
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

If the popup occurs it will handle it, if not it will stop looking for it when the While loop exits.

:graduated:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law