Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wreckage

Correct command for opening a network share window in Wn 7 64bit?

5 posts in this topic

Hello.

Can somebody please point me to a resource which will assist me in the below, or at least point me to the correct 'Help' page?

I'm currently using ShellExecute("\\server.name.com") to open a print server window, but I'd like to know if there's a way

of doing it without having the left pane open (Explorer-style, which is what happens).

Does anybody know the proper way to open a network share window and NOT have it display the left-hand pane?

Also, if the window 'view' could be forced to be 'details', that would be a bonus.

Any suggestions at all, please?

Thank-you

Change your explorer settings to remove the left pane and set your default folder view to 'Details'.

Change your explorer settings to remove the left pane and set your default folder view to 'Details'.

Hello, omikron.

Thank-you for the reply, but I think you misunderstood me.

I would like to know how to force the above settings using AutoIt. If it isn't possible, can somebody please advise.

Primarily, I would like to know the following:

Can somebody please point me to a resource which will assist me in the below, or at least point me to the correct 'Help' page?

I'm currently using ShellExecute("\\server.name.com") to open a print server window, but I'd like to know if there's a way

of doing it without having the left pane open (Explorer-style, which is what happens), and ALSO, is 'ShellExecute' the correct command to use anyway?

Thanks.

Hi wreckage

A possible work around might be to run the explorer.exe with some command line options

for example the command line:

explorer.exe /n,\\server.name.com

would open an explorer window the way you describe.

Havnt got autoit handy at the moment to test the code but i think this should work.

Hi wreckage

A possible work around might be to run the explorer.exe with some command line options

for example the command line:

explorer.exe /n,\\server.name.com

would open an explorer window the way you describe.

Havnt got autoit handy at the moment to test the code but i think this should work.

Thank-you, Carl. I will try this and let you know.

I appreciate the reply.

Cheers.