Database Connectivity ?

Anyone interested in having a database API in AutoIt. I am thinking about tying the MySQLi extension into the project.

I'm interested!

How are you going to do it? Is'nt mysqli a mysql interface for PHP?

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I've been exploring options in this arena...Haven't made a definite decision yet - though I've got some clients who might have development dollars for me to make a push.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

I think that this would be a very good addition to AutoIt and possibly tie it to one of the largest open source databases available :(.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

jftuga, SQLite is a self contained database....,

It is not a connection to any exhisting database, and it would have a lot of good additions.

Access can be connected to with the new OBJ/COM feature, and would pretty much fill any of those SQLite additions, (SQLite faster?), but Access is far more accepted.

A native MySQL interface would be incredible. As it stands, I have to set up the ODBC connection (read install drivers,) before I can access it.

for some C++ code libs and stuff on MySQL

http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/

Edited by scriptkitty

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone an example how to connect AutoIt and Access?

Would be very nice....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are several examples in the Scripts and Scraps forum. Please look there.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

Has anyone an example how to connect AutoIt and Access?

Would be very nice....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check the scripts and scraps forum. There are tons of examples in there how to use COM and databases. Do a search.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)