AutoIT and Java Swing control

Hi all =)

I noticed that the AutoIT window Info is not able to watch controls from JAVA application (swing UI or something else).

ex: Chrome browser buttons, the target point from AU3Info window can't find any controls. As a big picture.

Do you know how to get the CLASS identification of differents controls from a JAVA application ?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Streaky77

In order to allow it to be run on multiple operating systems and have control over look and feel, Swing does not use native components as the GUI components, and this is likely causing the problem you're running into. Myself, I don't know of work-arounds for directly communicating with Swing GUI elements (and I'm not an AutoIt pro, but I do know Java and Swing pretty well), but if the Java/Swing code is yours, it's not that hard to integrate AutoIt with Java by other means.

Edited by Fubarable

In order to allow it to be run on multiple operating systems and have control over look and feel, Swing does not use native components as the GUI components, and this is likely causing the problem you're running into. Myself, I don't know of work-arounds for directly communicating with Swing GUI elements (and I'm not an AutoIt pro, but I do know Java and Swing pretty well), but if the Java/Swing code is yours, it's not that hard to integrate AutoIt with Java by other means.

The java code is not mine :/

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Would you mind post a simple example code to integrate AutoIt with Java?

Thanks.