UNC paths requiring login

Hello,

I'm using FileChangeDir() to access files on a network share using UNC syntax, i.e. \\server\share\. The problem is, I can't access the folder in Windows without typing a username and password (which I know, obviously :( ). How can I connect to the folder in AutoIt? FileChangeDir() doesn't have options for a username and password, and I can't find an answer in the documentation or the forums. Can anyone help?

cheers

ben

Hello,

I'm using FileChangeDir() to access files on a network share using UNC syntax, i.e. \\server\share\. The problem is, I can't access the folder in Windows without typing a username and password (which I know, obviously :( ). How can I connect to the folder in AutoIt? FileChangeDir() doesn't have options for a username and password, and I can't find an answer in the documentation or the forums. Can anyone help?

cheers

ben

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would RunAsSet and RunWait work for you?

See this post or search for other posts.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8241

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

You need to use DriveMapAdd to authenticate and connect to the remote share first.

DriveMapAdd( "device", "remote share" [, flags [, "user" [, "password"]]] )

Pass "device" as an empty string if you dont want to map a drive.

Don't forget to call DriveMapDel when you're done.

Edited by SumTingWong

That's it - DriveMapAdd did the trick! Thanks very much. I thought that I would have to map a drive if I used DriveMapAdd, but clearly I didn't read the documentation thoroughly enough :(

ben