Recognizing Microphone on for Dragon Voice Recognition

Kiai

I am working on an application that needs to recognize that the user is actively dictating in to the Dragon Naturally speaking voice recognition application. I can't quite figure out how to go about this. Dragon can function in a cuple of different "modes" - system tray only or a "Dragon Bar" mode. The Dragon Bar mode is easy -- "Microphone is On" is text in that GUI. It is the system tray mode, where the only indicators that Dragon is actively listening are 1) the system tray icon (and text associated) and 2) the presence of the recognized speach in a Dragon tooltip.

When I use the AutoIT Window info tool, I can detect that the Microphone in the system tray is on: Under Toolbar, I get

Index Command ID Text

8 12 Turn Microphone Off

But how do I go about querying to see that information? My hunch is I need to use $tagNMTOOLBAR but I'm having trouble finding examples.

Perhaps a better approach would be to detect when the Dragon dictation tool tip visible on the screen. Using the AutoiT Window Info tool, this is what I get:

Title: this is a sample of a Dragon dictation tooltip

Class: #32770

Position: 150, 35

Size: 247, 23

Style: 0x94800044

ExStyle: 0x00010088

Handle: 0x00120656

>>>> Control <<<<

Class:

Instance:

ClassnameNN:

Name:

Advanced (Class):

ID:

Text:

Position:

Size:

ControlClick Coords:

Style:

ExStyle:

Handle:

Suggestions? Thanks.

• 2 years later...

I'm having a similar issue. I also need to use dragon to issue voice commands to my computer. Anyone care to help figure out how to get it started?

It's better to open a new topic, this is a 2010 topic and i hope for the OP that he has solved his problem :P

Hi!

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file