StringFormat

LurchMan

Hey everyone -

I'm trying to take a string like such: 20080125071800 and turn it into 2008/01/25 07:18:00. The only problem is I'm horrible with StringFormat. Any help is appreciated, and possibly anywhere that might simplify this for next time.

Thanks

Lurch

Edited by LurchMan

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

Thank you! RegEx is still way above my level but maybe some day.

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

Here's a worse way to do it :x

$string = 20080125071800

$split = StringSplit ($string , "" , 2)

$new = $split[0] & $split[1] & $split[2] & $split[3] & "/" & $split[4] & $split[5] & "/" & $split[6] & $split[7] & " " & $split[8] & $split[9] & ":" & $split[10] & $split[11] & ":" & $split[12] & $split[13]

msgbox (0, '' , $new)

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

.... I'm horrible with StringFormat. ....

Here is a couple of better or worst methods (ways) StringFormat orientated.

$string = 20080125071800

$sNewString = StringLeft($string, 4) & "/" & StringMid($string, 5, 2) & "/" & StringMid($string, 7, 2) & " " & _
        StringMid($string, 9, 2) & ":" & StringMid($string, 11, 2) & ":" & StringRight($string, 2)
; Or

$sNewStringFormat = StringFormat("%04d/%02d/%02d %02d:%02d:%02d", StringLeft($string, 4), StringMid($string, 5, 2), _
        StringMid($string, 7, 2), StringMid($string, 9, 2), StringMid($string, 11, 2), StringRight($string, 2))

MsgBox(0, 'Result', "$sNewString            = " & @TAB & $sNewString & @CRLF & "$sNewStringFormat = " & @TAB & $sNewStringFormat)

;Results
;2008/01/25 07:18:00