Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maestro

processing speed to slow.

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I don't know if this topic has been covered or not,I personally couldn't find anything on it.

Anyways, I am wondering if it is possible to use the GPU of the computer to help in processing.

Right now I am working on an application that is a resource hog, and there's no other way around it for my needs, so i was wondering is there is any way to use the graphics processor to help speed up the program so I can do these calculations faster.

(Right now I'm doing pixelgetcolor, and incrementing it in a 2d array, I changed it to windows basic so it would speed up, this helped quite a bit and increased its speed by around 90% however its still to slow.{ i need it to be real time, or very close})

If any one has any tips / advice, I would be more then happy to hear it.

Hello, World!... LAME lol

Hi, thanks for the reply, I had a look through the topic, I could understand the theory behind it, however.

I tried the example scripts shown, and it seemed the 2nd example was allot slower, now I'm not sure if it was supposed to be that way or not, that being said, its hard for me to see the purpose behind the dll call method when the basic au3 example was faster.

I'll restate my question to try and clarify anything that may be misleading people.

Is there any way to use the computers graphics processor to speed up the script, and if there isn't, is there any other way I can speed up the "getpixelcolor" function.

(I would also like to state, THIS IS NOT FOR GAME PURPOSES, I am not making a bot or anything along thous lines. This will be used to modify the stream of a webcam[ each pixel in the camera display window needs to be scanned and kept up to date real time ].)

And again, thank you Zedna for the reply, however I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for unless there is some sort of demonstration that can actually show me the speed increase on it or something along thous lines.

Thanks,

Ilmaestro.

Hello, World!... LAME lol

Hi, thanks for the reply, I had a look through the topic, I could understand the theory behind it, however.

I tried the example scripts shown, and it seemed the 2nd example was allot slower, now I'm not sure if it was supposed to be that way or not, that being said, its hard for me to see the purpose behind the dll call method when the basic au3 example was faster.

Last example uses bigger resolution!