SOCKS5 SUPPORT..?

I searched this forum for SOCKS5 and not much came up for examples on how to connect through SOCKS5 Proxies using AutoIt..

Just some Examples for SOCKS4 Proxies which seems to be outdated..

Anybody know how to use AutoIt to Connect Through a SOCKS5 Proxy using either "TCPConnect" or "WinHttp" or some other AutoIt code..?

Edited by cypher175

Anybody know how to use AutoIt to Connect Through a SOCKS5 Proxy using either "TCPConnect" or "WinHttp" or some other AutoIt code..?

The basic framework is there in a couple of the SOCKS4 examples.

The SOCKS5 protocol has significantly more overhead / steps to set up; the tradeoff for the enhanced functionality / security.

However, I don't see, looking over the specs (I cheated and looked at wikipedia, instead of the IETF formal spec , which someone writing an implementation should use, or at least refer to ) any issues that

would make the approach / techniques used for the earlier attempts invalid (assuming they do what they claim to do -- I don't run SOCKS servers anymore, and have no interest in testing an au3 implementation thereof).

As an exercise for the interested or otherwise motivated, it seems entirely straightforward / doable.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.