Help regarding Run wait

rvr

Hi All,

I have a task of installing Adobe Reader 9.4.1 on 1000 desktops and on top of it I need to install 5 language 5 packs.

I have 6 msi's in total (1 - adobe reader, 5- language packs)

I am using autoit script to achieve the tasks by executing RunWait 6 times 1 after the other

RunWait(adobe Reader msi)

Runwait(japanese lang pack)

Runwait(korean lang pack)...

Issues Im facing.

1. suppose adobe Reader msi fails, the next runwait statements are executing which I do not want. How to resolve this by exiting from the script

2. will the SMS record the actions performed by RunWait statement. Eventhough adobe msi fails, but still SMS is showing success

Please help me with the above 2 issues

Hi All,

I have a task of installing Adobe Reader 9.4.1 on 1000 desktops and on top of it I need to install 5 language 5 packs.

I have 6 msi's in total (1 - adobe reader, 5- language packs)

I am using autoit script to achieve the tasks by executing RunWait 6 times 1 after the other

RunWait(adobe Reader msi)

Runwait(japanese lang pack)

Runwait(korean lang pack)...

Issues Im facing.

1. suppose adobe Reader msi fails, the next runwait statements are executing which I do not want. How to resolve this by exiting from the script

2. will the SMS record the actions performed by RunWait statement. Eventhough adobe msi fails, but still SMS is showing success

Please help me with the above 2 issues

I don't know what your problem is, but take a look!

RunWait() Return Value

Success: Returns the exit code of the program that was run.

Failure: Returns 0 and sets @error to non-zero.

use something like [if...Else...EndIf]

Good luck.

actual problem...im not not able to track through SMS. SMS showing success eventhough there was an error in Adobe MSI.

How can i know through SMS that installation failed OR is there any error we can use in autoit to show in SMS based on return code

Have an IF statement: ^^(As above)^^

and only IF the install was successful send the SMS.

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search