Script Full of Pure Awesome

Skitty

EDIT - HOW DO I DELETE MY POST CAUSE THIS IS IN THE WRONG PLACE.

This Is one tight, bad'ass script I just finished. I hope you like it.

P.s- You are going to have to download the attachment "zip.au3"

and move it to "C:\Program files\Autoit3\Include" in order to make

your install of autoit be able to read and handle .zip files. If you don't

have it then my script wont work.

This has been tested on windows 7 only.

I think this might get stuck in XP if you don't

remove the notepad instance at the bottom.

Tell me what you think.

Edited by Jos
code removed

• Moderators

All,

It looks like this script will try to install Quark om your system. From a little bit of Googling:

Product Description

Quark is a powerful security tool which will help you protect your computer from unauthorized access by taking over your system and denying any user interaction until the correct password has been provided.

I would strongly suggest that you do NOT run this script unless you are absolutely sure that you want to install the application.

xJSLRx,

I would advise you to give much more detail about what your scripts do when posting to prevent inadvertant installing of unwanted software - "Script Full of Pure Awesome" is not only ungrammatical, it also gives no idea of what the script will do. Members deserve better! :x

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I would advise you to give much more detail about what your scripts do when posting to prevent inadvertant installing of unwanted software - "Script Full of Pure Awesome" is not only ungrammatical, it also gives no idea of what the script will do. Members deserve better! :x

+1

Edited by shanet

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

All,

It looks like this script will try to install Quark om your system. From a little bit of Googling:

Product Description

Quark is a powerful security tool which will help you protect your computer from unauthorized access by taking over your system and denying any user interaction until the correct password has been provided.

I would strongly suggest that you do NOT run this script unless you are absolutely sure that you want to install the application.

xJSLRx,

M23

Actually, to be precise. My script does no installing of any kind but actually extracts Quark from a zip file that it downloads when it detects that it is not accessible at the default directory. Then when you launch it again it asks you to create a password.

It then takes that password and gives it to quark. the way you use this is by putting the script in the startup folder so that when windows starts, the screen comes up and blocks all access to the desktop, but I made it even better by disabling the task manager while the script is running. and you turn it all off by typing your password.

• Moderators

xJSLRx,

blindly running every script they run into without first inspecting compatibility issues or syntax errors and taking a peak at what it does

There are a lot of younger, less-experienced members who could well do just that. And given that you offer absolutely NO information at all as to what the script is trying to do - but do make it sound an enticing prospect - I make absolutely no apologies for having posted a warning. Your subsequent post is much more what I would have expected to see initially, bar any description of what the app actually is - but I had already done that for you. :P

Please do not take it personally - I would do (and have previously done) the same thing in other topics with a similar lack of information. Posting scripts which could cause serious disruption to a system without any form of explanation or warning is just not what we want to see here.

Have a pleasant festive season. :x

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

I have to agree with M23. I would not want to take the risk of downloading some unknown lock out program, and have a script lock access to my computer. That's NOT awesome, it's the opposite. What if the person who runs the script can't regain access to their computer? There is a danger that that will happen to someone.

I will sometimes run a script to find out what it does. That's a way to learn from more experienced programmers. When you post something you should make sure that your code will not cause any problems to anyone. If there is any danger of this, then you should not post the code.

Edited by czardas

+1

Don't know about others. But I don't think post like that are what we like to see around here on this forum.

I see them on other forums, and they only add unneeded clutter to topics.

(Getting on top it this before it spreads like wild fire. As its something that feels contagious to me.)

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• Moderators

MvGulik,

+1

Sorry - I could not resist the temptation!

:P

Actually I do agree with you 100%.

And I promise not to do it again in any thread which you might see. :x

M23

Spoiler

Oops. Its even more contagious than I though. Posted Image Calling in help for Melba23.

:x

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

Well, I'm sorry I didn't know people ran around autoitscript.com blindly running every script they run into without first inspecting compatibility issues or syntax errors and taking a peak at what it does...Posted Image

You do not particularly have a good track record here so have lost the benefit of doubt.

*click*

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)