How to write a binary value with RegWrite()

Sh0wt1m3

Hello everyone!

I don't know if I am in the proper topic and I apologise if so...

Here is my problem: I am trying to use AutoIt v3.3.6.1 on an XP SP3 computer to write in the registry the content of this .reg file:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KONAMI\Yu-Gi-Oh! Power Of Chaos\system]

"flcrc"=hex:82,f5,89,43,01,f8,ed,02,20,84,a0,10,72

The type of the value of this key is "REG_BINARY"

I have tried many possibilities but unsuccessfully:

RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KONAMI\Yu-Gi-Oh! Power Of Chaos\system', 'flcrc', 'REG_BINARY', 'hex:82,f5,89,43,01,f8,ed,02,20,84,a0,10,72')

RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KONAMI\Yu-Gi-Oh! Power Of Chaos\system', 'flcrc', 'REG_BINARY', '82,f5,89,43,01,f8,ed,02,20,84,a0,10,72')

RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KONAMI\Yu-Gi-Oh! Power Of Chaos\system', 'flcrc', 'REG_BINARY', '82f5894301f8ed022084a01072')

RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KONAMI\Yu-Gi-Oh! Power Of Chaos\system', 'flcrc', 'REG_BINARY', 0x82f5894301f8ed022084a01072) (-> ERROR)

RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KONAMI\Yu-Gi-Oh! Power Of Chaos\system', 'flcrc', 'REG_BINARY', 82f5894301f8ed022084a01072)

I have also tried to use the dec(), bin(), stringtohex(), ... functions with no succes either.

I have tried to execute the .reg file with AutoIt but it doesn't work (which I don't understand): the value set isn't exactly the same...

Perhaps is the value too big?

I would like to know wether it is possible to do so and how (Please answer in an understandable English because I am French)

Thank you very much

What is Bin()? Maybe you meant Binary()?

Try this:

RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KONAMI\Yu-Gi-Oh! Power Of Chaos\system', 'flcrc', 'REG_BINARY', Binary('0x82f5894301f8ed022084a01072'))

:x

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanks Deathbringer it works properly !!! And thanks for such a fast answer !!!

PS: Yes there is a trilogy called Yu-Gi-Oh! Power of Chaos (composed of "Yugi the destiny", "Kaiba the Revenge" and "Joey the passion") and I was trying (successfully now !!!) to auto a modified version of "Joey the passion" called "E-GX".