Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
3mustgetbeers

AutoIT & Citrix

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi Guys!

Just wondering if its possible to write Auto IT scripts to send clicks & keys to Citrix at the client end? If so, does anybody know where I can find a good tutorial - I have tried using the Window Info tool, but only ever get the Window Title & Class; no control, StatusBar, ToolsBar, Visible or Hidden Text, so it seems limited in that respect :x

If its not possible, does anybody know a good opensource language/tool that could be used instead - I'm all up for learning new things!!

Cheers guys,

3MustGetBeers

Edited by 3mustgetbeers

AutoIt can't do it, as it won't use windows controls. I don't know of any languages or packages that can either.

If you search the forum for "citrix" then you'll get a lot of results, maybe one of them has the answer?

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

"Just wondering if its possible to write Auto IT scripts to send clicks & keys to Citrix at the client end?"

Just wondering why you didn't just test it.

Working with a Citrix-Desktop it is possible.

Working with Citrix "published applications" you can also work with Windows commands.

If you get AutoIt installed on the Citrix server you can work with it like local.

Just write some simple code or follow Mat's second tip.

HTH, Reinhard

Edited by ReFran

this isn't open source and the cheap versions don't include the compiler, but it claims to be able to automate

Citrix sessions

it also has a trial version

search google for citrix automation

http://www.mjtnet.com/blog/2007/02/23/remote-citrix-automation-the-easy-way-with-appnavigator/

I see fascists...

Cheers for posting guys,

Mat - yeah, had a look, however most of the threads are server side. One thread provides links to other tools which get windows info, I have tried 3 (plus the one with AutoIt) and none of them get control IDs

ReFran, I have tried it - which is why I was wondering if it was even possible! I can send mouse clicks, but not control clicks as I don't know control IDs,

Cheers Rover - will take a look at that