Remote desktop

zxc3

What exactly do you mean by switching windows? I assume you mean only on the remote machine ...

You really need to think what is going on there then it will be clear why AutoIt cannot see into a remote desktop session.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Autoit windows info sees remote desktop as a single window, and windows open within the Remote Desktop does not see.

Yes that is that case, I though that would be surprisingly obvious. You cannot 'look through' a remote session like that because the program you a looking at is mstsc (remote desktop). I understand this may all be new to you. Autoit is built for Windows and calls dlls of the OS it is on. It cannot call WinGetTitle for a computer it is not on as it has no way to get the process information, as an example. You can run the info tool on the remote machine then control it via a remote session but thats as good as it gets. Using AutoIt commands alone, I don't know how to automate actions on a remote machine, sorry.

What were you trying to achieve, it may be possible another way.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

You could host the script file on an http server and install it on the target computer and run it.

Many things are possible. I would be leaning towards executing the script remotely, that can be done via the commandline so I can be done in AutoIt. Either way there would have to be something on the remote machine to kick things off automatically.

That looks good. This is how I have done it in the past where a server controls the testing.

(On the server)

1. Create/compile the script

2. Set up permissions using 'net use' so I could access a known share on the remote machine

3. Copy script on the the share

4. Execute the script on the remove server and let it do its thing.

I have sysinternal tools before they are great!