Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rex

Auto Install a User Logoff script

4 posts in this topic

Can any of you tell / show me how to do a AutoInstall of a User Logoff script in wp / 2k ?

The script file i want to install is Backup.exe

I have tryed to google / technet but nothing could help me all info is about useing the gpedit > Scripts > Add, but i want to do a install without the user has to do i manualy, im sure it can be don but not sure how..

I have tryed to google / technet but nothing could help me all info is about useing the gpedit > Scripts > Add, but i want to do a install without the user has to do i manualy, im sure it can be don but not sure how..

Well, the best (and I guess the only way) would be to use gpedit. However, on my system gpedit creates the following registry keys when I add a logoff script.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\Scripts]
"Logoff"="C:\\WINNT\\System32\\GroupPolicy\\User\\Scripts"

BUT, there are a LOT more changes to the registry, so I guess it will not be sufficient to add the values above. Anyway, give it a try..

BTW: You sig. is funny, though a bit large. Please read the FAQ about the sig. styleguides in this forum. Thanks.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

:(

Well, the best (and I guess the only way) would be to use gpedit. However, on my system gpedit creates the following registry keys when I add a logoff script.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\Scripts]
"Logoff"="C:\\WINNT\\System32\\GroupPolicy\\User\\Scripts"

BUT, there are a LOT more changes to the registry, so I guess it will not be sufficient to add the values above. Anyway, give it a try..

BTW: You sig. is funny, though a bit large. Please read the FAQ about the sig. styleguides in this forum. Thanks.

Cheers

Kurt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not enugh to add only thos reg keys, need moer keys to work

:EDIT

Sory for my sig. i'd know that when i hit update my sig it alsow updatede all my sigs on the forum, i was only trying to se how the pic look. Sig updatet ones again :(

Edited by Rex

:(

It's not enugh to add only thos reg keys, need moer keys to work

Sorry, no idea. You should really use gpedit.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *