Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rigest

How to make your GUI look unique

8 posts in this topic

So my first script is almost going Live in about a week and I'm using the left over time to make it look as good as possible. I've found a few other topics, but I want to try to get as many tips as possible in the OP. I also have a few questions which I can't find.

1. Is it possible (and legal) to change the AutoIT logo in something of your own? The logo comes back at several places: the start up icon, the running icon in the right lower corner, the icon in the header of the GUI.

2. I know that you can add a picture in the GUI, but is it possible to set it as a background (so that it doesn't interfere with other objects)?

Below you see the interfaces I designed. The focus was to keep them as simple and clean. I really hope that some of you have some tips on how to make them look more professional. I already added a help file in the menu.

The main menu where you can acces the other interfaces

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the last two interfaces I still need to add the logos. So what do you think about it? It's my first try so there will still be a lot of things that I can do better. Thank you in advanche for any tips!

Rigest,

You can change the icon in the compiled script by using the #AutoIt3Wrapper_icon directive when you compile the script - and yes it is perfectly legal to do so. :x

To use the directive you need the full version of SciTE4AutoIt3 which you can get here - lots of extra goodies to help you code in AutoIt. :P

M23

P.S. Or you can use ResHacker to change it the hard way. :shifty:

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thank you Melba, I guess that I looked over that :x. How do you think about my interfaces in general? Any feedback?

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

:x

I'm going to be honest here..

The interfaces are bad. But this is my opinion, don't know about the others'.

Edited by Kalin

:x I'm going to be honest here..

The interfaces are bad. But this is my opinion, don't know about the others'.

I appreciatte your honesty! It is my first script and thus also my first interfaces. But can you give me some tips on how to improve them? Are the colors bad or don't you like the standard font? I can imagine that all the input fields and labels make it a bit crowded, but the people who are gonna use it understand them.

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

I appreciatte your honesty! It is my first script and thus also my first interfaces. But can you give me some tips on how to improve them? Are the colors bad or don't you like the standard font? I can imagine that all the input fields and labels make it a bit crowded, but the people who are gonna use it understand them.

The font is OK, though it could be better.

What I don't like most is the background color of the buttons. But seeing as the menu is the same shade as the buttons, it's somewhat acceptable. I could probably share some UI tips with you considering I make a pretty mean GUI.

; D

Posted Image

Edited by Kalin

Any tips would be more than welcome. I've tried to improve it using the Koda designer, but it didn't help a lot. I'm pretty new at programming in general and I still find it hard to find good tutorials and information. I've read most of the top viewed topics in the GUI section, but if you could share some tips or helpfull links that would be great!

Kalin, would you like to share a link or maybe an example? I really want to learn how I can improve my GUI, any help would be more than welcome :x !