Screen Capture App

brycetech

I know there are a lot of these and even some special UDF and dll out there, but the dll throws antivirus flags (not that it is one, but I dont need to see that on the servers I work on)

anyhow, this is all autoIT with fullscreen capture, selected window capture, pre-marqueed region capture, and marquee capture.

all but the last work by just pressing printscreen (or fn+printscreen on laptops)..the last one captures at the completion of each marquee.

On the pre-marquee, I played with using AutoIT's capture screen to capture a temporary screen and post it back to the screen and use that as the area to marquee because if you were marquee'ing text areas,it kept wanting to highlight the text instead of making the marquee.

it was fun to make.

BT

Edited by brycetech

• 3 weeks later...

updated to add playing of sound when capturing a pict

prevents overwriting of files by finding last one and starting the numbering from there, even when restarting the application.

made marquee drawing easier

Edited by brycetech

added more capture format options

uncomment the line: ";GUICtrlSetData(-1, ".png|.tif", ".jpg")" for additional ones beyond JPG, BMP, GIF

I don't have the ones above added because the pic control won't display them and I need to see the images for what

I'm doing...but wanted to know that I can add other formats later if I need them.

:)

screen capture marquee2.zip