Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
horohoro

GUI Object prop/method access

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I dont know how to access an object methods/proprietes please someone hlp me im a newbie at GUIs. I know how to control my GUIs events using OnEvent mode but if i create a textbox for example. GuiCreateEdit() and lets say the user types 'noob' in the edit, how can i get the text 'noob' from the editbox? pls good souls hlp me im newbie there. sorry 4 my very bad english i hope u all understand me :). In vb6 i would just used text1.text to get the text of the textbox object, but how is it in autoit ? hapiness and health for all members

Edited by horohoro

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

AutoIt has an interface to access COM objects, but is not Object Oriented (which is not the same thing).

You would use GuiCtrlRead() or _GUICtrlEdit_GetText(); see help file. The first is a native AutoIt function using standard Windows API (in C++, I think). The later is simply making a DLL call (look up the function in GuiEdit.au3 to see).

:)

Edit: Added explanation.

Edited by PsaltyDS

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thank you very much, ur my HERO :). That _GUICtrlEdit_GetText helped me alot since i discovered alot with this format "_GUIObject_Prop/Method" in the help file. That is what i was searching for. Have a nice day!