simplesort problem with x64?

dleigh

I was wanting to put a listview column sort in my app. So I was trolling the excellent autoit help and found _GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort. Just what I need. So I thought I'd open the example script and run it. BUT, I can't get it to run!

I'm on Windows 7 Pro x64 and when I run it I get the following in the execution log:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Examples\Helpfile\_GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3" /UserParams    
+>14:32:09 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.24    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.19.0)  params:-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3
+>14:32:09 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.6.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3_x64.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Examples\Helpfile\_GUICtrlListView_SimpleSort.au3"    
!===========================================================
+======================================================
-->Line(0061):  $LVN_COLUMNCLICK
--> hWndFrom:   0x00000000000A0D1C
-->IDFrom:  3
-->Code:    -108
-->Item:    0
-->SubItem: -1
-->NewState:    2
-->OldState:    0
-->Changed: 0
-->ActionX: 0
-->ActionY: 0
-->Param:   0
+======================================================
C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\GuiListView.au3 (6769) : ==> Array variable subscript badly formatted.:
$b_desc = $vDescending[$iCol]
$b_desc = $vDescending[^ ERROR
->14:32:11 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1
>Exit code: 1    Time: 3.246

It runs great on an XP machine that I have. I even uninstalled autoit and scite and re-downloaded and installed them again but no dice. Always the same problem. I thought I'd take the WM_NOTIFY function and put it in my script anyway and just try and get it to work. It detects the column header click just fine, but the SubItem, which I believe is the indicator of which column was clicked is always -1.

So, is there something that doesn't work on x64 (I checked to use it where ever possible on the installation)?

Thanks!

Add #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n and it should work properly. Anyway, it seems to be a problem running it as x64 - probably a bug.

You can use Bugtrack to report it when it is not already reported.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Yep, that fixed it!

I'll check out to see if it's mentioned in Bugtrack.

That does bring up another point. I'm developing on an x64 system but I want to deploy as an .exe for use on both 32 and 64 bit systems. Do I need to do anything special to make sure that my .exe works on both types of systems?

Yep, that fixed it! Thanks!

I'll check out to see if it's mentioned in Bugtrack.

That does bring up another point. I'm developing on an x64 system but I want to deploy as an .exe for use on both 32 and 64 bit systems. Do I need to do anything special to make sure that my .exe works on both types of systems?

On x86 systems you can run only 32-bit executables whereas on x64 systems you can run both.

Compile always in x86 to be on safe side.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ