Why won't AutoIt Support SSL?

DJKMan

I've been searching around for the real reason as to why it's not so simple to support SSL connections in AutoIt. There is no official way of retrieving messages from GMail using AutoIt and IMAP which is what a lot of people have been trying to do.

Care to point it out?

Did you try here?

Or here?

How about here?

It took me less than 1 minute to find these using the forum search.

Several people have made it work from time to time. The problem is not AutoIt support for SSL. The problem is that Google constantly changes and updates their servers.

It is the same with just about any "free" email site.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the late response.

I took a look at the topics you posted. These are all posts that make use of the SMTP protocol and ATOM Feeds. None of them involve the use of IMAP and SSL which is intended for receiving (not sending) mail.

. The problem is not AutoIt support for SSL. The problem is that Google constantly changes and updates their servers. It is the same with just about any "free" email site.

IMAP is a protocol much like POP3 is a protocol. It has a standard set of commands. It will rarely change behind the scenes which means it's more reliable in terms of scripting. I think you have my question confused with web scrapping. In this case, yes, Google, like many other major sites, constantly update their main HTML source code.

The question still remains. (Although I seem to remember seeing a topic about it being achieved recently.)

Edited by DJKMan