Find text in active window

Guest mima500

Guest mima500

Thanks, I am new in AutoIt. I have 2 questions.

1. I have done a script that starts a telnet session to a switch and download the configuration. I is simply a lot of keypress with for ex Send("{TAB 5}{Enter}") and so on.

BUT when I download the configuration it takes different time, so I have put a delay for 30 sec, but it would be better that I continue when I get the right text on the screen, "Download completed".

2.Can an AutoIT scripts continue to press key and read windows if it has lost focus on its window, for example minimized, screensaver started.

Thanks, I am new in AutoIt. I have 2 questions.

1. I have done a script that starts a telnet session to a switch and download the configuration. I is simply a lot of keypress with for ex Send("{TAB 5}{Enter}") and so on.

BUT when I download the configuration it takes different time, so I have put a delay for 30 sec, but it would be better that I continue when I get the right text on the screen, "Download completed".

2.Can an AutoIT scripts continue to press key and read windows if it has lost focus on its window, for example minimized, screensaver started.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A forum search for "telnet" will give you a lot to read.. like:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...indpost&p=50710

If you send the output of the telnet session to a txt file AutoIt can "look for" "Download completed" within that file.

As for working with screens while minimized - this has also been covered in other posts - probably within the same telnet posts.

happy hunting

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]