Some IE questions

Azh

Hi, I am trying to figure out the best way to automate a task of mine. On this website there are a lot of links, but the only ones I need to worry about each have an html attribute, class="red". I need to open all of these in a new tab (or new window if it is easier?) and then click on a particular image on that page. I know how to click on the image, that is trivial enough. But can anyone help me with opening those links based on that particular html attribute? And then to automate switching to the next tab/window?

Thanks a lot! I know this is kind of a lot to ask help with but I am willing to throw a few bucks through paypal for someone to help me. If you want to help me further feel free to PM me.

Edited by Azh

You don't give enough information to help you with the entire workflow, but here are some hints.

class= equates to a property called className

Get a collection of all of the emements that include the class you are looking for, DIV, for example: $oDivs = _IETagnameGetCollection($oIE, "div")

loop through these looking for the ones that match your class and take action:

For $oDiv in $oDivs
    If String($oDiv.className) = "red") Then
        ; take action on $oDiv
    EndIf
Next

your other steps will depend on lots of specifics of the HTML implementation.

Dale

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble