Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zhaicheng

How to get the parent window's handle

5 posts in this topic

How to get the parent window's handle ?

I have a program which pop up a window like "msgbox". I want to catch its parent window handle.

Many thanks!

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

_WinAPI_GetAncestor

Edit:

That's the one I use, however you could also use _WinAPI_GetParent, but it will only get the immediate parent, so if you have GUI's within GUI's you won't get the "Mother" that spawned the rest without _WinAPI_GetAncestor.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

_WinAPI_GetAncestor

I didn't even know that one existed, shouldn't it be in the related-section for _WinAPI_GetParent (and vice versa)? I will make a ticket on that.

Edit: #1890

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

I didn't even know that one existed, shouldn't it be in the related-section for _WinAPI_GetParent (and vice versa)? I will make a ticket on that.

As I'm sure you know, that's what happens when you go through all the api calls on a MSDN page just to make sure there's nothing else you'd like to use.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

SmOke_N ,AdmiralAlkex ,I really appreciate all your kind help.