Windows 7 "New" context menu

I suspect that this has something to do with the way the installer is packaged, since "Run as Administrator" didn't help at all...but when I installed AutoIt on my machine the "New" > "AutoIt v3 Script" context menu item isn't there. I checked under HKCR/.au3/ShellNew and it's set up properly, but it won't show up even after a reboot.

When I run the installer directly from the Administrator account, however, it shows up immediately following installation (but only for the Admin account!)

I edited the "Classes" entry under the PostSetup key, but the changes will not stick even when run as admin. This is probably the source of the problem, but I can't find a way to fix this.

Any ideas?

-Overkill

+EDIT 3/12 19:27 GMT

Just tried running an AU3 script with #requireadmin to change the value, still won't stay changed (it shows, then disappears)

Also, I can't see the MRU values for the Run dialog...may be something bigger at play here.

Edited by Overkill

I have had similar issues on a Windows 2008R2 box and found that exporting the ".au3" and "AutoIT2Script" values to HKCR/Software/Classes or HKLM/Software/Classes seems to fix the problem.

I'm going to be using the Administrator account to do everything from now on because I'm sick of Windows trying to save me from myself...if only I could just stick "sudo" in front of everything...

Anyway, I'll try doing that when I get around to logging back over to the other account so that people who search for this later will see some how to steps ^.^