AutoIt3 Decompiler

How to protect script from decompilers such as this?

http://xxxxxxxxxx.tk/

If someone banned me for this, it will be like putting head in the sand!!!

It's same like saying that al-qaeda do not exist!

Edited by tempman

A little warning:

Mentioning these hacked decompiler's will probably get you banned.

Source: The AutoIt FAQ on decompiling

At the very least I'd remove the link.

You'll never make a program completely secure, this goes for any software. (a look on any torrent site should prove my point)

What you can do is make it hard enough to not be worth the effort. Usually I believe obfuscating alone will do the trick, but it all depends on how badly people want to obtain the (understandable) source of the program.

To make it even harder I believe you can use 3rd party wrappers, but I have no experience with them. There is a comprehensive guide about their use with AutoIt on here somewhere, but I can't find it.

Edit:

But you don't see the American government handing out recruitement pamphlets for Al-Qaeda either, now do you? I think the rule is along that line of thought; No free advertising for the enemy.

It could also just be that everything that has to be said on the subject has already been said. I've never actually seen anyone banned that didn't want to decompile himself.

Edited by Tvern

• Moderators

How to protect script from decompilers such as this?

http://xxxxxxxxxx.tk/

While you may feel justified in your question, the question is addressed so many times on this forum, that these topics are generally locked.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.