Using _FF

I've been trying to get _FF to work on my browser, and I've had no luck. I've...

--downloaded ff.au3 and included it in my script

--installed MozRepl 1.0.0.2009122217

--installed WebAii 2010.2.0.0

--in Tools->MozRepl, checked "Activate on Startup"

Yet calling functions in _FF yields no results. Are there any suggestions? I'm using FF 3.6, on a Windows 7 box.

I suggest you see the (installation) and test instructions at mozrepl. It's possible that something else is using the default port 4242. See Netstat to find out what's using what ports.

Richard

I've looked there, and found the following: it appears I need to telnet to localhost using port 4242...only telnet isn't enabled in Windows 7 by default. I found the appropriate control panel, but an attempt to activate the telnet client yielded an error.

While I try to figure this out with IT, is this even necessary? Do I need to do this telnet step, or is it actually a method of communicating with mozrepl that's redundant to AutoIT?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for giving up watching this one, expect you have now. Anyway. Correct, you don't need Telnet, it's just a useful independent test method. You could use putty instead. If you can't connect with mozrepl this way FF.au3 is not going to work.

Edited by RichardL