ShellExecute on Win7 and wauauclt.exe

Hello,

I came across the following issue: I have a script that works perfectly well on XP, which removes bandwidth limitation for a while in order to perform faster WSUS update while setting up a new machine. When launching on Win 7 I get the following error message:

"Windows cannot find 'wuauclt.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.".

Here is a line in question:

ShellExecute("wuauclt.exe","/DetectNow")

Full path does not help either (ie. "c:\windows\system32\wuauclt.exe").

Has anyone got any clue, what the reason could be? Or in other words, how to launch that command? BTW, it works perfectly well from command line...

Thanks

Greg

Hi and Welcome to the forums!

Let me guess, you are runnning a x86 script on x64 Windows? Please note that wuauclt.exe is in \system32\ so it's a x64 app. You either need to add #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y to make sure your script run/compile to x64, or use the DllCall() on the page "Running under Windows 64-bit Edition" in helpfile if you insist on using x86 scripts.

If you have no idea why I just said that, then go read the aforementioned page in helpfile, follow it's msdn link and read that too.

Reading some pages from Programming Guide for 64-bit Windows might be interesting too.