Looking for an Activity indicator

I have a small app that sits around waiting for data to come in via OPC. When the data arrives, it gets processed and the the application waits for the next set of data.

I am looing for a small widget that I could use to indicate the app is waiting and not hung.

I was thinking of progress indicator but couldn't locate one that didn't take up to much space.

I use this code like this to display a 'animated hourglass'. This snippet is within a Do..Until loop that is pretty much just a timer. I'll zip up the 10 icons I use and edit this post, it'll take a few minutes though.

For $i = 1 to 10
  TraySetIcon("hourglass" & $i & ".ico")
  Sleep(125)
Next

I hope this is useful to you.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

I have had little luck in the past editing a post containing autoit tags, so, a new post. Here's a link to the icons I use, but of course the code can be modified and any icons you choose can be used.. Good luck!

http://au3stuff.somdcomputerguy.com/hourglass.zip

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

You can get a nice loading animation in gif format here and learn how to display it in a gui

Thnaks Guys. After I posted the message last night, I found a sample for a blinking LED. That worked but is not as finished as I would have liked. I will take a look at your suggestions later today.

I started using Autoit about a year ago. I wouldn't have got to where I am today without the invaluable help and comments that I have recieved from members inthe forums.

Take Care