script unstable - multiple files download and check

Fran

I'm hoping a few experts can help me test my script.

I've created a script that downloads the installation files for RapidStudio AlbumMaker Software (multiple downloads with progress - all in all about 4000 files 230MB). After downloading, it runs a CRC check and then downloads again the corrupt files.

When it's happy, it moves on and checks if it needs to download .Net. If .Net 2.0 or later is found, it skips the file.

Once it's finished with that, it runs the Setup.

I have tested it sooooooo many times and on my computer (Vista) and a Virtual Testing machine (XP) it works like a charm. But when other people in my company help with the testing, they get all sorts of errors in different places.

Most of the errors seem to be an array variable.. or subscript out of range or something. No matter how I try, I cannot duplicate this error on my machines. And the error doesn't always happen in the same place in the script. So, it's hard to figure out where the fault lies. The line number it gives also doesn't help much, as after the script is compiled, the line numbers are a bit screwed up.

A good error handling would probably help, but the ones I've tried (posted on this forum) I haven't been able to get to work.

I'm attaching my script.

Would really appreciate any help someone could give me. :unsure:

(if it asks you to enter an email address and you don't want to enter your own, you can enter autoittesting@testmail.com - then I'll know to ignore it in the database)

CRC Checksum UDF can be downloaded here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=32045

InstallDownloader.zip

Edited by Fran

Someone suggested the other day that I use UBound for my arrays. I've had a look at the function, but I don't think I quite understand how to implement it. :unsure:

Can someone give me an example by adding it to one part of my script please? :>

I think this might help with the array errors on my colleagues' machines.

Thanx

Fran