Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skitty

How do I use a dll's exported function correctly?

3 posts in this topic

I can navigate my way around a script fairly well, but I hit a brick wall when I come across anything related to dll call backs and dll calls in general unless it has to do with extracting dll resources.

Can some one help me navigate around this "Brick Wall"? You see, I acquired this 4kb dll that hooks into a process and monitors its activity, eg, file reads and file opens. It basically monitors a program.

Problem is, I don't know how to figure out what information I need to pass to it.

=========================

It has three exported functions.

-Get Module

-StartHook

-StopHook

=========================

How do I go about successfully exporting these unctions? Or how do dll exported functions work?

Here's the dll.

Things that I've done..

Icon Resource Editor: icon resource editor 

AutoIt Piano: a piano

AutoIt Unlocker: unlocks files when you want to delete them

Colorful tooltips: a wrapper for the tool tips UDF

Rouge GoogleBot: a full screen animation

ASciTE text editor: a text editor written in autoit

Warning: Posts by this user are subject to change or may disappear without notice.

You can't guess the required parameters and types. Where did you get the DLL, and what documentation is available for it?

:unsure:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You can't guess the required parameters and types. Where did you get the DLL, and what documentation is available for it?

:unsure:

I have a folder titled, Depo, In that folder I tend to save interesting files.

I've been doing this over a year and have around 10 files and just now I was trying to implement a process monitoring script and decided to investigate this dll.

I don't have any more information on the dll, except the knowledge that this dll can monitor process activity given the process handle or something like that if I remember correctly.

Things that I've done..

Icon Resource Editor: icon resource editor 

AutoIt Piano: a piano

AutoIt Unlocker: unlocks files when you want to delete them

Colorful tooltips: a wrapper for the tool tips UDF

Rouge GoogleBot: a full screen animation

ASciTE text editor: a text editor written in autoit

Warning: Posts by this user are subject to change or may disappear without notice.