ListView questions

JAFN

If you don't compile the script does it still give you the same error messages? If so, run it and find where the errors are in the uncompiled script before you even think of compiling it. You'll be chasing your tail for weeks otherwise.

The line number changes and the error message is gibberish, compared to the script version that is just irrelevant and damn hard to read.

[size="2"]The second mouse gets the cheese[/size]

How is the error message from the script version irrelevant? Does it give you an error message in the console when you run it? If so, what is the error message?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

How is the error message from the script version irrelevant? Does it give you an error message in the console when you run it? If so, what is the error message?

Line 1173 (name of my file) Note: this program has less than 300 lines

Local $vTMP,$L=$iStart

four more lines of code that isn't in my script.

Error: Array variable subscript badly formatted.

No such luck. It is AutoIt Error Box. Much like Windows Error messages, you can't even select the text.

Thanks though.

You are not supposed to select any text, ctrl+c copies everything.

Line 1173 (name of my file) Note: this program has less than 300 lines

Local $vTMP,$L=$iStart

four more lines of code that isn't in my script.

Is this when running the SCRIPT from SciTE, or when you're running it after it's been compiled? Because the only way you're going to see line numbers that are not in your script in an error MsgBox is when it has been compiled. Otherwise, it might be displaying a line number from one of your includes. When you're running the script from SciTe or when you run it manually with the Autoit3.exe program, you should only see the line numbers that are in your script.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

You are not supposed to select any text, ctrl+c copies everything.

Live and learn:

Script error

---------------------------

AutoIt Error

Line 1174 (File "C:\Users\Judith\AutoItFiles\AutoIt3\Include\Array.au3"):

Local $vTmp, $L = $iStart, $R = $iEnd, $vPivot = $avArray[int(($iStart + $iEnd) / 2)][$iSubItem], $fNum = IsNumber($vPivot)

Local $vTmp, $L = $iStart, $R = $iEnd, $vPivot = $avArray[int(($iStart + $iEnd) / 2)][^ ERROR

OK

Compiled error:

This included some changes to any unrelated section changing to error to:

AutoIt Error

Line 552 (File "C:\Users\Judith\AutoItFiles\DVDLister\DvdLister.exe"):

OK

The problem you're having is caused by an _ArraySort in your script. It could be that you're formatting the function call incorrectly, or you're sending it a negative value as the sub item.

The problem you're having is caused by an _ArraySort in your script. It could be that you're formatting the function call incorrectly, or you're sending it a negative value as the sub item.

I put in code to avoid the -1

Func RefreshListView()
    MsgBox(0,$ListViewHandle, GUICtrlGetState($ListViewHandle))
    if GUICtrlGetState($ListViewHandle) < 0 then _ArraySort($Data, 0, 0, 0, GUICtrlGetState($ListViewHandle)) ; Sort the array

_GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems(GUICtrlGetHandle($ListViewHandle)) ; Delete the current content
    _GUICtrlListView_AddArray($ListViewHandle, $Data) ; Add the sorted content

EndFunc   ;==>RefreshListView

[\code]

Same error message.
Thinking about simply disabling the button until a sort has been made.

More sharing options...

JAFN

Posted 

JAFN

Active Members

Author

Posted 

I put in code to avoid the -1

Func RefreshListView()
MsgBox(0,$ListViewHandle, GUICtrlGetState($ListViewHandle))
if GUICtrlGetState($ListViewHandle) < 0 then _ArraySort($Data, 0, 0, 0, GUICtrlGetState($ListViewHandle)) ; Sort the array

_GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems(GUICtrlGetHandle($ListViewHandle)) ; Delete the current content
_GUICtrlListView_AddArray($ListViewHandle, $Data) ; Add the sorted content

EndFunc ;==>RefreshListView

Same error message.

Thinking about simply disabling the button until a sort has been made

Actually, your code will only sort the array when it's LESS than 0, you need to use if GUICtrlGetState($ListViewHandle) >= 0 then

I went with disabling the refresh command when no data had been changed. A logical feature and seems to be working.

Any ideas on why:

If $DVDid <> "" Then
        $WPos = WinGetPos($DVDid)
        $x = $WPos[0]
        $y = $WPos[1]
        If $x <> -32000 Then IniWrite($Name & ".ini", "Starting Value", "Window Left", $x) ; save the x,y locations of the window
        If $y <> -32000 Then IniWrite($Name & ".ini", "Starting Value", "Window Top", $y) ; so next time it will be in the same place

GUIDelete($DVDid)
        $DVDid = ""
    EndIf

Sometimes works and sometimes says 'non-array variable use with array'?

I'm guessing that $DVDid is the title of the window you're trying to get the position of? It's possible that the WinGetPos is failing to get the position of the window so it is returning 0 which isn't an array. Try adding an error check before trying to get the position of the window in the array. For example:

If Not IsArray($WPos)Then
    ;Do something 
Else
    $x = $WPos[0]
    $y = $WPos[1]
    If $x <> -32000 Then IniWrite($Name & ".ini", "Starting Value", "Window Left", $x) ; save the x,y locations of the window
    If $y <> -32000 Then IniWrite($Name & ".ini", "Starting Value", "Window Top", $y) ; so next time it will be in the same place
    GUIDelete($DVDid)
    $DVDid = ""
EndIf

I'm guessing that $DVDid is the title of the window you're trying to get the position of? It's possible that the WinGetPos is failing to get the position of the window so it is returning 0 which isn't an array. Try adding an error check before trying to get the position of the window in the array. For example:

If Not IsArray($WPos)Then
    ;Do something 
Else
    $x = $WPos[0]
    $y = $WPos[1]
    GUIDelete($DVDid)
    $DVDid = ""
EndIf

I was just coming to say I had had my 'aha' moment. The one you listed above. Thanks. I took the opportunity to tighten up the script and add a lot of error checking.

Thank you all, I learned a lot today.

It's always a good thing to see that what I am posting is helping others, as other's have helped me with problems I've run into.