RegRead pb with Windows 7 64 bits

Hi all,

I have Windows 7 64 bits and i have a big problem to read a key in the registry.

Problem :

In my enterprise, i want to read a key to get the uninstall string of specfic software, but regread doesn't read this key (not found).

The code :

$return=RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{BEWINTERNET-FR-DME}.UninstallSuite","UninstallString")
MsgBox(0,"Return value",$return & "" & @error)

@error = 1 but the key exist because it's visible on "Add/Suppress program" in control panel.

When i try REG QUERY HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{BEWINTERNET-FR-DME}.UninstallSuite /v UninstallString

The return message is : Error - The system don't find the key or value

After many researchs,there are two reg and regedit command. Two in C:\Windows and two in C:\Windows\SysWOW64

The solution to find this key is to use the reg command in C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

If you want to see the key, use Regedit.exe in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (note : In taskmanager, the regedit process is 32 bits marked ???)

At this time, the solution for me is to use AutoHotKey (sorry) to read my key.

If you have a solution to resolve my problem !

To make the problem :

In C:\Windows\SysWOW64 type REG ADD HKLM\Software\MyKey /v Value /t REG_SZ /d Test

Launch regedit program in the start menu, the key is not visible !!!

The code (doesn't work):

$retour=RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MyKey","Value")
MsgBox(0,"",$retour & "" & @error)

Lauche regedit in C:\Windows\SysWOW64, the key is visible.

Thank's a lot.

PS : Excuse me for my poor english, i'm french user.

Edited by Blueye

La Connaissance ne s'accroît que si celle-ci est partagée.Knowledge increases only if this one is divided.

• Moderators

And this?

$return=RegRead("HKLM64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{BEWINTERNET-FR-DME}.UninstallSuite","UninstallString")

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hello SmOke_N,

And this?

$return=RegRead("HKLM64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{BEWINTERNET-FR-DME}.UninstallSuite","UninstallString")

Thank's you for your answer, but it doesn't work.

Try the command REG ADD ...in C:\Windows\SysWOW64, the key is created but not visible with Regedit or Reg Query (in C:\Windows) or RegRead (return @error = 1)

Thank's for your reply.

Edited by Blueye

La Connaissance ne s'accroît que si celle-ci est partagée.Knowledge increases only if this one is divided.

Hello SmOke_N,

I find the solution (but it's not very cool)

It's work if you add Wow6432Node word in your key to read

Code :

$return=RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{BEWINTERNET-FR-DME}.UninstallSuite","UninstallString")

That resolve my problem.

Thank's for your help.

Edited by Blueye