First Autoit.. Many Problems

Do not discuss automating games here. It doesn't matter if the game is a single player game, multi-player game or game you've written yourself, do not discuss the automation of games here. The previous rule about game automation discussions was ambiguous and too many people tried the "but I'll only use it in single player" excuse for games that have single and multiplayer components. No more.

first i want to adress this. i apologize if im starting off on the wrong foot here with my first post.. but if i am i'd like to not waste your time and id rather you tell me to go somewhere else. So if this is against the rules, i apologize, and please tell me. Im not trying to automate this.. rather my current issue deals with forwarding my in-game private mail to my phone via copy/pasting the mail to facebook private mail and then using the facebook text message alerts to send it to my phone. There may be an easier way to do this but this is the first thing that came to mind.

I have programmed other macros before (blue eye), but this is my first autoit program. i am very familliar with c++ and have picked up vb rather quickly within the last month.. im hoping i can do the same here.

I am not familliar with @error or pixelsearch.. but i looked at some existing programs and tried to 'reverse engineer' them and it seemingly worked unsuccessfully. Heres the code i presently have:

WinActive ("AFK Mode")

$mail = pixelsearch ( 489, 660, 491, 658, F0F4F9, 1, 1 )

while @error = 0

MouseClick ("left" [490, 659, 1, 0])

WEnd

Essentially, the game allows you to edit the browser headline so you can discreetly play the game at school, work, etc. I figured that when i change the browser headline to AFK Mode, ill be able to initiate controls from my phone. For now im focusing on the mail aspect. I tried WinActivate ("AFK Mode") and it worked standalone, so im assuming this isnt a problem. Infact, im getting

Line 2

Error: Error parsing function call.

in hindsight i should have searched this here, (i did search other things here to no avail, as well as a google search on error parsing function, with no results)

but im smart enough to figure out the problem is in line 2. I started with an if statement, then changed the coordinates to give a margin of 1, then realized my skip value was 0 and changed it to 1

When you get an ingame mail, in the game, a pixel at (490, 659) shows color F0F4F9 which is a blue, instead of the typical beige. im just assuming the coloration is different enough i dont have to worry about confusion.

This is just getting the program to OPEN the mail tab.. so im assuming i might need more help.. but if i get a little guidance here, im hoping i can work my way around the rest of the programming.

thanks, and sorry again if this is an inappropriate post

n37x

For your first post, you already started badly:

(...) but i looked at some existing programs and tried to 'reverse engineer' (...)

Edited by jscript

http://forum.autoitbrasil.com/ (AutoIt v3 Brazil!!!)

Somewhere Out ThereJames Ingram

somewh10.png

dropbo10.pngDownload Dropbox - Simplify your life!
Your virtual HD wherever you go, anywhere!

• 4 months later...

Since this thread was neither locked nor deleted, I'm going to correct the OP's error for informational purposes.

$mail = pixelsearch ( 489, 660, 491, 658, F0F4F9, 1, 1 )

You wrote F0F4F9 without the '0x' hexadecimal prefix. As in '0xF0F4F9'

For your first post, you already started badly:

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, in that he meant he was studying legally acquired source code in an attempt to discover how to accomplish a goal. Given, not the best choice of words, but not an entirely incorrect way of putting it either.

Alright, I've said my two cents! If a moderator wants to lock this thread, have at it. :graduated:

Edited by Unsigned

Alright, I've said my two cents! If a moderator wants to lock this thread, have at it. :graduated:

Gee, thank you for the permission. Fucking idiot. You ever necro a thread again and I will remove you for awhile. Do not respond. Do not PM me. Accept that you just did something very stupid, learn from it and move on. Most importantly: Don't do it again.