Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimW

Problems with mouse actions

2 posts in this topic

I have a script that I have used for some time, but when I try it on another computer it doesn't work. It's a very straight forward script that downloads book pages from the web as jpg images. On my laptop it works flawlessly, on my desktop it will not respond to mouse actions. The cursor moves to the mouse location, but will not respond to any mouse commands -- down, up, click, etc.

There are three differences between the computers. Both are running Windows 7 but my laptop is Professional and my desktop is Ultimate. My laptop is 64 bit my desktop 32 but that shouldn't affect this. What I suspect is that I run Korean on my desktop, and while I can read and type it on the laptop, it is not installed as it is on the desktop. When I switch my desktop to my wife's account, everything comes up in Korean. I'm thinking that may be confusing the mouse click codes being sent to the mouse. Is there a way to force US only when creating the script?

I haven't done any serious programming in over 10 years, so things have changed a lot since I retired. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong direction, but would sure appreciate some help on this one.

try #requireadmin... sometimes this solve a lot of problems... anyway you can try to use the api function declared(search in MSDN or tell us if you don´t know how to do it... this SHOULD work in every windows.. and langueje!!