Autoit Windows Info Not Seeing All Data

Hi,

I am trying to create an automatic update program for windows updates, and I am getting stuck at figuring out how to handle the exception of "No Updates are currently selected" or "No important updates". So far I am able to initialize the update, start installing, and restart when done because it uses buttons. But if no update is present it gets stuck because I can't tell when the update stoped searching for new updates. I tried using the Windows Info program and it cannot select the text that is shown in the window. If anyone has windows vista or 7 take a look at the windows update form and what happens when you try to use autoit windows info. It select the entire frame and the content behind it is invisible. Even more problematic is that the text is neither hidden nor visible so I am unsure how to trigger that there are no updates available. I am not sure if the Windows Update uses an activex or frame overlay and an image for the background, because I can seen to select the items behind the frame with the autoit windows info. Does anyone have an idea as to how to be able to tell if the windows update stopped searching for updates if no updates are available? Also, is there a way to retrieve the information from behind the frame using the Autoit Windows Info program?

Thanks

Just a little more information it seems that this phenomenon happens whenever I try to use the control of any website, therefore I believe this happens whenever there is an active component or within frames, I am still having a hard time understanding how the controls work within websites. If anyone is able to point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Is there a way for autoit to control websites and different controls on websites like links?

Thanks again.

The Window info tool won't do what you want.

Take a look at the functions in the help file

User Defined Function Reference>IE Management

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Only to Internet Explorer.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Do you by any chance know a way that I may be able to detect the information on the windows vista/7 "Windows Update" page. I am trying to figure out a way to tell when the scan for new updates has finished so I can check to see if there are no updates available.

Thanks again.