How to automate the click of “Save as :” button?

Hi,

I could automate the initiation of “Save as :” dialog box with default filename as SQL_S_data(refer line 1 of the code snippet). But couldn’t the automate the press of “Save” button. Below is the code that I’ve written for the same. Could anyone help on this.

Note : Send(“{Enter}”) doesn’t work and is not sending “Enter” key functionality.

Refer the picture for the further details.

post-64194-0-70572900-1305541941_thumb.p

Learning is Lifelong!

• Moderators

Look at the Control* functions in the help file.

Control* functions + AutoItInfo tool and you'll probably make quick work of it.

(ControlClick() function to be more specific)

Edit:

This is of course assuming this is a 3rd party dialog box you're trying to manipulate.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Sorry.

I forgot to attach the code snippet.Below, is the same.

Local $fname = FileSaveDialog("Save as :", @WORKINGDIR, "Excel file (*.xls)|Text file (*.csv)","","SQL_S_data.xls")  ; save as in working dir
Send("{Enter}")

Learning is Lifelong!

Look at the Control* functions in the help file.

Control* functions + AutoItInfo tool and you'll probably make quick work of it.

(ControlClick() function to be more specific)

Edit:

This is of course assuming this is a 3rd party dialog box you're trying to manipulate.

Hi,

I tried using Control* functions + AutoItInfo tool but of no use. Secondly, the dialog box is the Save as: dialog of MS Excel.

Learning is Lifelong!

Hi shreeks,

plz check, if the save button has the focus when sending {ENTER}, otherwise it won't work. (Just use the tab key to watch the cursor changing focus.)

Hi jo,

I tried with three possibilities but couldn't.

Option 1 :

Local $fname = FileSaveDialog("Save as :", @WORKINGDIR, "Excel file (*.xls)|Text file (*.csv)","","SQL_S_data.xls")  ; save as in working dir
WinWaitActive ( "Save as :");
Send("!s")

Option 2 :

ControlFocus ( "Save as :", "&Save", 1 )
Send("{Enter}")

Option 3:

Send("{TAB}")
Send("{TAB}")
Send("{TAB}")
Send("{Enter}")

Edited by shreeks
Learning is Lifelong!

• Moderators

FileOpenDialog stops your script basically until it receives a command.

Why you would want to manipulate your own dialog box is beyond me.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

FileOpenDialog stops your script basically until it receives a command.

Why you would want to manipulate your own dialog box is beyond me.

"FileOpenDialog stops your script basically until it receives a command." - Oops. I never knew.

FileOpenDialog() opens a dialog box with "Save" button. I need to some how automate the click of "Save" button. Any ideas? You can refer the previous reply for the possible alternatives(code snippets) that I tried.

Learning is Lifelong!

Hi shreeks,

it's just as SmOke_n wrote, script is paused while the dialog is shown(thus you would have to have a second script that closes your dialog box). And thinking a second about it, SmOke_n is also right with his comment *Why you would want to manipulate your own dialog box is beyond me*.

Maybe you can tell us, what you are trying to achieve.

jofun