Learning AutoIt

So I'm new to AutoIt but have read good things about and decided to try it. I will be taking a programming course next school year. I think AutoIt would be very useful to know as well as help me get my feet wet with programming and scripting. This being said, I can't find any straight-forward way to learn AutoIt.

I've seen AutoIt 1, 2, 3, but I really dont understand how to use it. I ran the exe, having already installed AutoIt and SciTE, but the program asked me to install a beta version that looked to be older than the stable release.

Aside from that I can't find any useful "guides/tutorial". I've checked the wiki, but that just points me back to AutoIt 1, 2, 3.

I know this has been asked before and sorry but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Masaharustin

Check the wiki again. There's more tutorials available thru there than just AutoIt 123, which is a great tutorial. Search thru YouTube, use 'autoit tutorial' or just 'autoit' (w/o quotes) as the search keywords there. In the help file, there's coded examples for just about every AutoIt function. Browse thru the Example Scripts subforum here, find a topic that interests you, and look at the code. And try writing some whole scripts or just snippets, then ask away here. This forum is great for that! Welcome to the Forum, and Good Luck!

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

If you are new to programming, before you attempt to learn any language, including AutoIT, you would be best making yourself very familiar with all concepts of programming. Logic constructs such as do...while, if...then, etc. Variable types. Return values. etc.