Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mingre

A function to find ControlID / ClassNN? [RESOLVED]

8 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Does such exist? Like how WinGetHandle() retrieves the handle through a window's title. I know I can use the Windows Info Tool or Control Viewer (from Example Scripts forum), but how about an alternative method?

Sorry if I'm always asking. Just that I can't really find a solution using the AutoIT Help file nor by searching the forums.

Thanks!

(BTW, this is a recycled thread which was also related to the topic at hand. I felt the urge to reuse it since I always makes new threads!)

Edit---

Found this: by bo8ster

Edited by Lilbert

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

It turns out that the ControlID parameter is equivalent to the ClassnameNN (since I get the script working). Is this always true?

Edited by Lilbert

Lilbert,

Is this always true?

Yes - the 2 values are interchangeable as ID parameters. :unsure:

Look at the <Using AutoIt - Window Titles and Text (Advanced)> page in the Help file to see how you can use several different methods to identify a control. :>

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

(Edited the topic.)

Lilbert,

this is a recycled thread

This is one of the most stupid things I have seen here. People use old threads as a valuable resource for searches - you have effectively made this thread completely useless as the subsequent posts no longer relate to the question in the first. People have been banned for doing this - next time just start a new thread. :unsure:

If you feel guilty about creating lots of new threads (which you need not do if they are valid questions), just donate some money to help Jon with the hosting costs! :>

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Lilbert,

This is one of the most stupid things I have seen here. People use old threads as a valuable resource for searches - you have effectively made this thread completely useless as the subsequent posts no longer relate to the question in the first. People have been banned for doing this - next time just start a new thread. :unsure:

If you feel guilty about creating lots of new threads (which you need not do if they are valid questions), just donate some money to help Jon with the hosting costs! :>

M23

Sorry, I seriously thought that my questions would not benefit other users since they're sort of, ugh, newbie-ish. I guess I should've just created a new thread since no one's actually reprimanding me for creating too much.

(About making a donation, I'd really want too but am still in the first years of college and have no work, hence, do not yet support myself financially.)

Lilbert,

I seriously thought that my questions would not benefit other users since they're sort of, ugh, newbie-ish

And you think other new users would not benefit from that type of question? :unsure:

Please do not do it again! :>

M23

Spoiler

Got that. And thanks for not being too harsh while actually warning me! LOL.