Sign in to follow this  
Mingre

GuiCtrlRead() - ing a ListView of an application?

Mingre

Is it possible to "read" the contents of a listview control not created by GUICtrlCreateListView? I learned from the help file that to retrieve the data on a currently-selected line of a listview, GUICtrlRead(GUICtrlRead($listview) should be used.

I'm trying to do the same on a listview of another software. The ClassNN displayed on the Control Viewer is:

[CLASS:ListView20WndClass; INSTANCE:2]

So, my trial script would be:

$listview = "[CLASS:ListView20WndClass; INSTANCE:2]"
$read = GUICtrlRead(GUICtrlRead($listview)
Msgbox(0,"",$read)

The problem is, the return value is always 0 even if I select a row on a listview.

Is it just not possible? Or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!

Edited by Lilbert

PsaltyDS

See ControlListView() in the help file. For more advanced functions look at _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText() and _GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextArray() in the help file.

As you found, GuiCtrlRead() is intended to work with the native AutoIt controls, not those of other apps.

:huh2:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Mingre

See ControlListView() in the help file. For more advanced functions look at _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText() and _GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextArray() in the help file.

As you found, GuiCtrlRead() is intended to work with the native AutoIt controls, not those of other apps.

:huh2:

Works like a miracle. Thanks!