SciTEConfig Modified

jaberwacky

I took some time to grok Jos' SciTE Config to extend it to handle more theme options. It was easy to extend thanks to Jos' superior intellect and coding style.

Now you can theme the console, fold margin, line margin, and more to come!

The zip file contains the au3 and several themes to get you started! Just compile the au3 and make sure that you backup the original!

Some fold margin options only work with the latest SciTE. This script only works with SciTE4AutoIt3 (right? I guess so.).

Tested on Windows 7 Professional x64 and Windows XP Professional x86.

Screenshots:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I would post the code but I'm having some issues with that lately. Actually, just download the zip please.

Please keep checking back because I am always adding to this script and squashing the bugs that I introduce. I don't always bump every update unless they're significant.

[update: 06/22/2011 02:47 AM -5:00] -- Bug fixes

[update: 06/23/2011 06:05 PM] -- Bug fixes

[update: 06/23/2011 09:55 PM] -- Bug fixes-- Very nice now I think. Status updates via label at the bottom.

[update: 06/24/2011 11:02 PM] -- Added a new console output option -- this one is kinda important.

[update: 06/25/2011 04:19 AM] -- Bug Fixes

[update: 06/25/2011 01:18 PM] -- Added contrasting colors for readability.

[update: 06/25/2011 05:46 PM] -- Bug fixes

[update: 06/26/2011 10:01 PM] -- Bug fixes -- New console option -- Two themes from JamesBrooks and Mat

[update: 06/27/2011 12:15 PM] -- 'New Scheme' window now has listview

[update: 06/27/2011 08:44 PM] -- Bug fixes

[update: 07/04/2011 12:06 PM] -- many bug fixes and Black theme by AZJIO

previous: 62

Edited by LaCastiglione

Mmm, Would love to be able to give the SciTeConfig-ColorData a file as target. End of "SciTEUser.properties" as default is nice. But, well, ... I probably should take a look at that myself first.

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Mmm, Would love to be able to give the SciTeConfig-ColorData a file as target. End of "SciTEUser.properties" as default is nice. But, well, ... I probably should take a look at that myself first.

I'm not sure what you mean. The ability to make a new theme and then save it to another file?

I'm not sure what you mean. The ability to make a new theme and then save it to another file?

No. Was thinking about a other way how the sciteconfig colordata is made active in the current scite4autoit3 setup.

So instead of updating the "SciTEUser.properties" file with the newly selected color theme data. That you can target a other file for the selected/modified theme data to be place in.

I, for example, have cleared "SciTEUser.properties" from any none general/global setting, And placed language related (user adjusted) settings in there own "*.Propeties" files.

This is the top of my "SciTEUser.properties" file, which probably explains it better.

import .SciTEUser\SciTEUser.SciTEConfig
#=====================================================================================================
;; import specific language user-setting.
;; - import: appends ".properties" to filespec string.
import .SciTEUser\SciTEUser.autoit
import .SciTEUser\SciTEUser.python
import .SciTEUser\SciTEUser.batch
import .SciTEUser\SciTEUser.lua
#~ import .SciTEUser\SciTEUser.Java
#~ import .SciTEUser\SciTEUser.proces
#=====================================================================================================

... "SciTEUser.SciTEConfig" being a bit of both (general and au3) as its after all "Scite4AutoIt3".

---

(mmm, seems the point got mixed up anyway. ... Don't matter.)

Edited by iEvKI3gv9Wrkd41u

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Oh, well, I see you have python and lua in there too, mmm, I don't know how well these themes will work out for languages other than AutoIt. SciTEConfig comes bundled with SciTE4AutoIt (or whatever it's called) so that would mean that SciTEConfig is primarily aimed at AutoIt. So, yeah, maybe you could extend it to handle other languages or something. That'd be cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update brings many bug fixes (bugs that I introduced btw), a new theme, and a standalone exe. Grab this if you love to tweak themes to your eyes delight.

I'd started to make a few tweaks to sciteconfig myself a couple years ago. I mainly did some logical reorganization of the GUI tabs, added checkboxes for Windows Explorer context menu settings, and added a "Mode:" label. I'd posted an unfinished (no registry writes for the new checkboxes) version here:

I still think having the font controls on the same tab as the color settings makes sense as you can see font changes "live", and the "Mode" label seems useful as it makes clear, regardless of which tab you're on, whether you're changing the production or beta settings.

Am not sure if you're interested, but on the chance that this may eventually become the official version, I thought I'd put in my 2 cents :)

I doubt it'll ever become official. Too many vast and dubious changes in such a short amount of time. But I take your statement as a compliment. :)

I do like your idea of putting the font settings under the Color Settings tab though.

Edited by LaCastiglione

• Developers

I doubt it'll ever become official. Too many vast and dubious changes in such a short amount of time. But I take your statement as a compliment. ;)

I do like your idea of putting the font settings under the Color Settings tab though.

I have no issue with implementing what others improve in stuff that I wrote, when its a modification that interests a larger group. :)

I am however not trying to keep track of all the fast released updates or variations made, and normally start looking at stuff when its stabilised and has attention from people.

Example could be the SciTE Hopper script that somebody started and suddenly wasn't maintained, so others started to make their own version posting that into the same example thread.

So, am always open for a good proposal for modification but don't expect instant replies. ;)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)