Any way to type a key thats used by sethotkey?

I can do the thing inside hotkey func like

if notactivewindow then return

but this will still keep the key unusuable so i wont be able to use it in skype for example unless i completely disable hotkey.

Edited by Aktonius

• Developers

but this will still keep the key unusuable so i wont be able to use it in skype for example unless i completely disable hotkey.

correct and what is the problem with that?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Jos, i want to use a key like (0-9 on keyboard) in specific situations(while i am chatting in skype for example) but when that key is needed for hotkey(example firefox is active) i want it to act as hotkey.

I have app that heavily relies on hotkeys, so if say my users load the app, have fun using it in specific situation and then decide they want to chat on skype they would need to delete all hotkkeys that they want to use on skype which as you can assume is not fun way to go around it.

Edited by Aktonius

• Developers

Jos, i want to use a key like (0-9 on keyboard) in specific situations(while i am chatting in skype for example) but when that key is needed for hotkey(example firefox is active) i want it to act as hotkey

Just test which Window is active in the Hotkey Function and do a Send() for the key when its not the window to want to act upon.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Checking the active window will work well if you have application specific hotkeys. IF you have hotkeys that need to work in many applications it might be worth it to use _IsPressed as it doesn't stop the key from being send to the active application.

I have an example